Wednesday, May 09, 2007

On Sunday - Aunt Jenny baby sat Stella and Silas for the first time while Mommy Jill ran her first 10 Miler. The kiddos slept in until 8 - an hour later than usual. We got up and started our day. Breakfast. Play time. Naptime for Si. Stella and I planted and made short cakes for the cookout. After Silas got up we had lunch and walked to the park. The clouds started to roll in so we decided to head home. It was nap time for Silas and Stella was ready for a nice nap too. Aunt Jenny has a new respect for what Jill and other moms do every day. Stella and Silas are great kids, they listen and behave. However, it was challenging. But I found it was a challenge within myself - splitting my time between them was really hard and keeping my cool when ever I got home from the park and the door was locked, Stella had to use the bathroom and I almost pulled the french doors off the house... the kids were fine and I survived. It was challenging but we all had a good time together and I would do it again and again.
Congratulations to Jill, her brother-in-law Dallas and their friend Mario on running the Broad Street 10 mile race! I'll join you next year!
After Jill and Nate got home Troy and I prepped for our cookout we only got two pics from that night. Wyatt and Silas:


1 comment:

Van-Go said...

congrats to Jill. And Jen you are a wonderful aunt!!!