WE DID IT!!
We had a great morning waking up to an oatmeal breakfast, spot of coffee and water. It was chilly but as we made our way down to monument ave the sun shined and it warmed up quick. Jill and I met up with her neighbors Brita and Eric and we hopped in the huge crowd of 24000+ people. We jumped, stretched and started to get pumped. I wasn't really nervous at all. Then the gun went off and we started running, and running, and running. Brita and Eric are very good runners and they took off - couldn't see them anymore. Jill and I stuck together for a bit and then I lost her turning the bend in the first mile. I thought a lot while I was running. I watched people runinng past me and I got frustrated then laughed at myself but then in mile four I found myself getting frustrated again and running faster - this happened in waves. In the third mile after passing up all water handout until that point I promised myself a cup of water in which I should have practiced because I'm sure I soaked the poor girl handing the first cup out to me - I ran past grabbing, cup slipping out of hand and saying sorry to a girl smiling and saying good luck! ugh... do I dare try for another? OK, grab water - Have you EVER tried to drink and run from a freakin dixie cup??? Water poured down to my running shoes and I gulped air. ugh! third times a charm! Grab water, walk fast and drink, take long sleeve shirt off and wrap around waist and then run! I did it! OK - my focus was back to running. During mile five I thought about my Dad and how strong he was and it was so amazing how intense of a feeling I had that he was there running with us and he was proud. Mile six people on the both sides of the road got thicker and people were cheering loud and even looking into my eyes and I knew my sister had already finished and I couldn't wait to see her, my legs were still moving and I had .2 miles left and then i could see the finish line! I picked up my speed even if it was just to make it over the line and it felt great! I ran 6.2 miles! And just when I was dreading looking for my sister in the crowd, she jumps out of the side lines and slaps my shoulder saying, "YOU DID IT!" We hugged and we were so proud of each other. It was the best feeling! Jill had an awesome race! It won't be my last.
Bib # 14903
FirstName - Jill
State - VA
Overall - 7049
5kTime - 00:29:51
FinishTime (Chip) - 00:59:07
FinishTime (Gun) - 01:38:11
Overallin Div. - 392
Overallin Gender - 2450
Class
Age - 33
Bib # 16210
FirstName - Jennifer
State - PA
Overall - 13992
5kTime - 00:38:22
FinishTime (Chip) - 01:19:47
FinishTime (Gun) - 01:58:50
Overallin Div. - 954
Overallin Gender - 6813
Age - 36
We had a great morning waking up to an oatmeal breakfast, spot of coffee and water. It was chilly but as we made our way down to monument ave the sun shined and it warmed up quick. Jill and I met up with her neighbors Brita and Eric and we hopped in the huge crowd of 24000+ people. We jumped, stretched and started to get pumped. I wasn't really nervous at all. Then the gun went off and we started running, and running, and running. Brita and Eric are very good runners and they took off - couldn't see them anymore. Jill and I stuck together for a bit and then I lost her turning the bend in the first mile. I thought a lot while I was running. I watched people runinng past me and I got frustrated then laughed at myself but then in mile four I found myself getting frustrated again and running faster - this happened in waves. In the third mile after passing up all water handout until that point I promised myself a cup of water in which I should have practiced because I'm sure I soaked the poor girl handing the first cup out to me - I ran past grabbing, cup slipping out of hand and saying sorry to a girl smiling and saying good luck! ugh... do I dare try for another? OK, grab water - Have you EVER tried to drink and run from a freakin dixie cup??? Water poured down to my running shoes and I gulped air. ugh! third times a charm! Grab water, walk fast and drink, take long sleeve shirt off and wrap around waist and then run! I did it! OK - my focus was back to running. During mile five I thought about my Dad and how strong he was and it was so amazing how intense of a feeling I had that he was there running with us and he was proud. Mile six people on the both sides of the road got thicker and people were cheering loud and even looking into my eyes and I knew my sister had already finished and I couldn't wait to see her, my legs were still moving and I had .2 miles left and then i could see the finish line! I picked up my speed even if it was just to make it over the line and it felt great! I ran 6.2 miles! And just when I was dreading looking for my sister in the crowd, she jumps out of the side lines and slaps my shoulder saying, "YOU DID IT!" We hugged and we were so proud of each other. It was the best feeling! Jill had an awesome race! It won't be my last.
Bib # 14903
FirstName - Jill
State - VA
Overall - 7049
5kTime - 00:29:51
FinishTime (Chip) - 00:59:07
FinishTime (Gun) - 01:38:11
Overallin Div. - 392
Overallin Gender - 2450
Class
Age - 33
Bib # 16210
FirstName - Jennifer
State - PA
Overall - 13992
5kTime - 00:38:22
FinishTime (Chip) - 01:19:47
FinishTime (Gun) - 01:58:50
Overallin Div. - 954
Overallin Gender - 6813
Age - 36
4 comments:
I am so proud of you! Congrats on finishing your first race. Now you have the running bug ;)
XOXOMIJS
congrats you two; we are proud of you also!
From Will: I guess with security and race rules and all that it would have been impossible, even for $100, for you to have put on a Van Go cap, run around and come across the finishline again and have your sister take your picture, you know, with security and race rules and all that...
Good job Jen! :)
Post a Comment