Monday, April 23, 2007

Weeds, weeds, and more weeds...
This is what took me 10 hours this weekend. It felt so great being outside in the sun getting my hands dirty. Troy was impressed because last year I would run away from every creepy crawly thing near or in our house. You can ask my mom, I'm not a weed puller but something about it being your own house and looking at the beautiful results feels good. I know, it looks like a lot of dirt and not too much planting but we're going to be building a new garage and getting a new driveway so I didn't want to go nuts with introducing new plants when some thing are going to get torn up but I did want to get rid of the weeds. All those weeds were probably holding the in the dirt so our first rain should be interesting. hahaha! I did plant a rose bush and tomato plants - Roma and Cherry. This side of the house gets tons of sun so I'm hoping for plenty of toms this season!



...and of course I couldn't leave out pics of the boys. Slate and Fin have found a new love for sitting in the windows (as I pray they don't break anything) and spending as much time with us as they can under feet in the kitchen and "talking" to us. Little do they know, they have their first vet appt this Wednesday!







1 comment:

Schoenings said...

Awesome job pulling the weeds. How satisfying!

XOXO