Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Tree 2007

Saturday, Troy and I decided to go Christmas Tree shopping. We like to get one early so we can enjoy it the whole month. We went to a tree farm to cut one down, but all the trees were small or large and round at $9 a foot and we wanted a 6 footer. This place was definitely not Indiana, PA., the self promoted "Christmas Tree Capital of the World". We didn't find one but we did have fun hiking and enjoying the crisp weather. We visited Jill and family at their cottage in Chester Springs and then went on our way to Produce Junction and got a balsam tree for $25!!!! And a huge wreath for the front of the house! LOVE Produce Junction!



On Sunday, after a day of leaf blowing and raking, cleaning and making turkey stock then soup, I channeled my Grandma Martinelli and made dumplings! We turned on Christmas music and decorated the tree. Troy made a fire and Finzel got nice and toasty laying right next to the doors. Mom - I love our topper!



3 comments:

Tina's Blog Spot said...

Oh What Fun!!! We have always had a real tree. This is our first year without - we are trying the "pre-lit" verson, and a "christmas palm tree" will post the results soon!!

Sara Warhold said...

Very pretty tree! I miss real trees! We've had our "not real" one since we got married and it's super low maintenance but it's not the same! I lobby for a real one every year but I keep getting shot down... OH WELL! :) Yours looks fabulous! And YOU look fabulous! Hope to see you when you roll into town this month! Much love!!

Van-Go said...

Great tree! Do you have all your ornaments your Mom saved for you over the years? memories...